Try this bird food recipe to attract your feathered friends!
- 3 parts melted fat (suet preferred)
- 1 part cornmeal or finely cracked corn
- 1 part peanut butter or other nut butter
- 1 part sunflower kernels or chopped nuts
- 1 part brown sugar
- 1 part chopped dried fruit (currants, raisins, prunes, etc.)
Combine all of the ingredients with enough water to get the consistency of cooked oatmeal. Cook in double boiler until well blended. Put into small containers like tuna fish cans that can be securely attached to feeders or trees.