The following rules govern the use of the Almanac.com discussion forums. Please read these rules carefully. Your use of the service will constitute your agreement to comply with these rules. If you can not agree with these rules, please do not use the service. These rules may be modified by Almanac.com from time to time, so check this page frequently.
This service is intended to provide a place for a free-flowing exchange of information, opinion, and comments. The service is designed to provide an enjoyable and informative experience for all participants.
MOST IMPORTANTLY: POSTING HERE IS A PRIVILEGE, NOT A RIGHT. The privilege to post can be suspended or revoked at any time and completely at our discretion. We can also use our discretion to close the forum, with or without notice.
- Be polite and respectful to all members. No insults, name-calling, or belittling of other members. You can discuss and disagree without being rude.
- Avoid political and religious ideology debates. They tend to cause inflamed discussions, anger, and hurt feelings, which put you at risk of violating these rules. This is an Almanac site, after all, not a political or religious site.
- No obscenities, pornography, or adult humor. Almanac.com is kid-friendly, so ALL material must be clearly suitable for children. There are plenty of places on the Internet that welcome adult jokes -- this isn't one of them.
- No spamming or advertising. Linking to commercial content related to the current thread is acceptable, but everything else will be considered spam. If you would like to advertise on our website, please visit our advertising information page.
- No criminal activity. A criminal activity is a posting that constitutes spam or unauthorized advertising, invades anyone's privacy, or encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any local, state, national, or international law or regulation.
- Start new topics for a new discussion.
- Honor copyrights. You are responsible for ensuring that any material you provide to the service or post in a forum—including but not limited to text, photographs, and sound -- does not violate the copyright or any other personal or proprietary rights of any third party or is posted with the permission of the owner(s) of such rights.
- The forums are for your personal use only. You may not in any way make commercial or other unauthorized use, by publication, retransmission, distribution, or otherwise, of material obtained through the service, except as permitted by the Copyright Act or other law.
- Do not disrupt or interfere with the service or alter or tamper with any information or materials on or associated with the service.
- Comments by Users Are Not Endorsed by Almanac.com
- Almanac.com does not necessarily endorse, support, sanction, encourage, verify, or agree with the comments, opinions, or statements posted in the forums or otherwise contained in the service.
Use of the Service by You
All users are required to provide accurate name and electronic mail address information. Your right to use the service is personal to you -- you may not authorize others to use the service, and you are responsible for all use of the service through your account.
Use of Material Posted by You
Postings to the service are not private. You grant Almanac.com the unrestricted right to use, reproduce, modify, translate, and distribute any material you post to the service in any medium (now in existence or hereafter developed) and for any purpose, including commercial uses, and to authorize others to do so.
You agree to indemnify the service provider and its employees, agents, and representatives, and to hold them harmless from any and all claims and liabilities (including attorneys' fees) that may arise from your submissions, from your unauthorized use of material obtained through the service, or from your breach of these rules, or from any such acts through your account. You further agree that the service provider is not responsible, and shall have no liability to you, with respect to any material posted by others.
Editing and Deletions
Almanac.com and its forum moderators reserve the right, but undertake no duty, to review, edit, move, or delete at their sole discretion any material provided for display or placed on the service.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED "AS IS," AND THE SERVICE PROVIDER HEREBY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS AND IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTIES OF ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, MERCHANTABILITY, OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
YOU USE THE SERVICE AND THE INFORMATION AND MATERIAL ON THE SERVICE AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE SERVICE PROVIDER SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES ALLEGEDLY SUSTAINED ARISING OUT OF USE OF THE SERVICE, INCLUDING FOR VIRUSES ALLEGED TO HAVE BEEN OBTAINED FROM THE SERVICE AND INCLUDING ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, OR SIMILAR DAMAGES, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSIONS OR LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS, WHICH VARY FROM STATE TO STATE.