Send in your best recipes using a garden-fresh ingredient. Prizes, rules, and entry form below. Good luck!
Prizes for ALL!
- ALL entrants will receive a digital version of The Old Farmer’s Almanac’s Guide to Spices & Herbs in the Kitchen.
- We'll also have weekly drawings for Almanac goodies! You could win a copy of The Old Farmer’s Almanac Everyday Recipes, 2011 Old Farmer's Almanac All-Seasons Garden Guide, or more!
- One Grand Prize Winner will receive Le Creuset(R) cookware. With its timeless strength and durability (like the Almanac!), this could be the one prize you could hand down for generations.
Additional prize winners will receive:
- First Prize: a 9-cup food processor plus a gift basket of Old Farmer's Almanac products
- Second Prize: a $50 gift certificate to Stonewall Kitchen plus a gift basket of Old Farmer's Almanac products
- Honorable Mentions (3): a gift basket of Old Farmer's Almanac products
Recipe Contest Rules
- The submitted recipe must be yours, original, and unpublished. Amateur cooks only, please.
- All recipes must include at least one fresh fruit or vegetable, which can be grown in your garden or purchased at a farmers market or in the produce section of a grocery store.
- Multiple submission from a single user are permitted.
- All entries become the property of Yankee Publishing, which reserves the rights to all materials.
- Entries will be accepted from March 1, 2011 to June 1, 2011.
When submitting your recipe below, it is essential to:
1. Type directly into the spaces below. Avoid cutting and pasting from other documents.
2. Spell out abbreviations (such as "cups" and "tablespoons") for clarity.
3. For fractions, please type out the numbers. For example, use 1/4 cup (not ¼ cup). Thank you!