Here are some helpful home remedies to relieve dry skin.
Winter’s low humidity and harsh conditions can do a number on your skin, leaving it flaky, itchy, and dry as an old bone. If you don’t want to look like a desert tortoise, take a few precautionary measures.
Dry Skin Treatment
- As soon as you get out of the shower or tub, while your skin is still damp, slather on the moisturizing lotion.
- Choose a lotion brand that has petroleum jelly or lanolin high on the ingredients list.
- Don’t go outside in any season without using SPF of at least 15 on your face and hands.
- Try adding lemon juice or vinegar to your bathwater. Soap, being highly alkaline, may make your skin feel itchy.
- To soften dry skin, add 1 cup powdered milk to your bath. (It worked for Cleopatra.)
- Avoid steaming hot water or lengthy immersions, which will strip your skin of its natural oils.
- Wash gently. Vigorous scrubbing can further irritate sensitive skin.
- Forgo skin products that contain alcohol, which is drying.
Years may wrinkle the skin, but to give up enthusiasm wrinkles the soul. –Samuel Ullman
Do you have any tips for skin care? Let us know below!