Did you know more than 15 million people over the age of 45 complain of osteoarthritis? If you feel pain and stiffness in your joints caused by inflammation, follow our natural remedies for arthritis!
- Ice your affected joints right after doing an activity. Don't allow them to become inflamed.
- Capsaicin—the "hot" chemical in chili peppers—can relieve the pain of arthritis. You can find it over the counter at drugstores. Don't get carried away with this idea and try smearing yourself directly with chili peepers—that's a higher potency than most skin will tolerate.
- Increase the amount of fish in your diet or take fish oil pills.
- Exercise regularly.
- Stretch for 18 to 20 minutes a day. Focus your stretching where it hurts the most, but increase flexibility all over.
- Pack a small jar with golden raisins and cover them with gin. Eat nine raisins every morning, squeezing the extra gin back in the jar.
- Bee-vemon contains anti-inflammatory peptides that act against the pain and inflammation of your arthritis. If you're allergic to bees, do not use this remedy without the supervision of a doctor. Even if you aren't allergic, buy a bee sting kit from your pharmacy and keep it handy.
Do you have any tips or tricks that help your arthritis? Let us know!