A sour stomach is no fun—Check out our natural remedies for soothing your stomach ache, and tips for how to avoid them!
- Start to address stomach problems by eliminating alcohol, caffeine, and tobacco.
- Drink chamomile, ginger, and peppermint teas.
- Suck on a raw lemon.
- Eat yogurt with live cultures to help restore balance to the stomach. Chose unsweetened or vanilla-flavored varieties.
- Add ginger to your diet. Ginger syrup can be added to hot or cold beverages.
- Powdered carob, mixed with yogurt or applesauce, can bring relief from indigestion.
- Avoid late-night snacks. The peak time for acid secretion in your stomach is in the middle of the night. You can make an acid stomach worse if you eat a late night snack, and will find yourself waking up with a stomachache.
- If a stomach ache is chronic and not associated with other symptoms, such as diarrhea, vomiting or weight loss, the most common underlying cause is anxiety. (But don't worry! Check out our related link above for Natural Remedies for Stress and Anxiety.)
- Always remember, if your stomach ache persists, worsens, or is accompanied by other symptoms, it is time to see your doctor.
Any tips you would like to share? We'd love to hear them! Comment below.