Earthquake Today Aug 23rd 2011

4 replies [Last post]

Well, in NJ it felt like the equivalent of a 3.0 quake ..... wow, it was NOT a good feeling.

Coincidentally, the Almanac says that when the Moon Rides High, it starts a 5-day period where it is most likely to have earthquakes in the Northern Hemisphere.

I'm a believer. No wonder all the cats wanted to sit in my lap!

Anyone else experience this? As if a Hurricane on the way isn't bad enough!

We didn't feel it down here,

We didn't feel it down here, but, my son in NC did..also my nephew in DC obviously. Used to feel them all the time when I lived in AK!

YB
Up here in Western PA

Some felt it, some did not. I was at my desk and never knew we had one till I was told so.
The wife said she felt the bed shaking a little...

we never knew it

But some people in RI experienced shaking.@ Redmink,VERY SCARY! the animals always sense natural disasters.Our cat Harleys' only worst natural disaster is to be not fed on time: )

Some of the girls I work with

Some of the girls I work with said they felt some shaking on some of the floors in the hospital. I was in the basement at the time it occurred. didn't feel a thing.

Post new comment

Before posting, please review all comments. Due to the volume of questions, Almanac editors can respond only occasionally, as time allows. We also welcome tips from our wonderful Almanac community!

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
By submitting this form, you accept the Mollom privacy policy.