Our Forums Have Closed
A flavorsome and appetizing breadfruit dish to please your taste buds.
For image see: http://caribbeanfoodrecipes.net/breadfruit-oil-down
8 oz. salted meat (pigtail etc.)
3-4 lb. breadfruit
1/2 cup of sweet peppers
4 cups of coconut milk
1/2 of chopped chive
2 tsp. of thyme
1/2 cup of sliced celery
1. Boil water and pour on salted meat, cover and leave for 10 minutes then drain.
2. Cut breadfruit into slices, peel and remove core.
3. Put alternate layers of breadfruit and salted meat in a saucepan.
4. Add sweet peppers, coconut milk, chive, celery and thyme.
5. Cover properly and bring to boil.
6. At medium low heat simmer for 45-50 minutes until breadfruit is tender (add more coconut milk if necessary).
Note: Liquid should be absorbed when properly cooked.
*Caribbean Food Recipes*