Learn more and buy the 2015 Old Farmer's Almanac!

Let's talk about winter 2011/12

6 replies [Last post]

NOTE: These are just rough draft maps!!!!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Any thoughts?

Any thoughts?

Well, I had heard something

Well, I had heard something about the La Nina being a beast, and how that was going to create another bad winter. Also, I'd heard that since we have, over the last century, heated up by a degree, this would allow for more extreme summers and winters. I WANT (lol) another really bad winter (in Ohio. Last winter was beastly in a good way, but I want more snow ;D)so I am liking these figures, and from what I've read and heard they look correct.

Looks pretty logical to me.

Looks pretty logical to me. Consistent with the decent La Nina developing now. Consistent with the other early forecasts I have seen.

Winter '11-'12

Well, considering the summer we are suffering through here in Memphis, a colder/snowier than normal winter sounds pretty good!!!!

winter 2011-12

I think this Summer has been extremely hot so I expected our Winter here in Georgia to be really bad....I can't remember when we have been this hot in the summer....bring on winter.....

yea I know what you all mean

yea I know what you all mean it's been just down right hot but I live in southern IL and it's looking like here by Wednesday will be low 80's for highs with nights in the low 60's.

Post new comment

Before posting, please review all comments. Due to the volume of questions, Almanac editors can respond only occasionally, as time allows. We also welcome tips from our wonderful Almanac community!

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
By submitting this form, you accept the Mollom privacy policy.