Viola x wittrockiana
- You can start pansy seeds indoors 6 to 8 weeks before you plan on transplanting them.
- Plant seeds in late winter for early spring and summer flowering, or plant seeds in the summer for winter flowering.
- Plant in moist, humus-rich, well-drained soil. Pansies like sun and cooler temperatures.
- Space the plants about 7 to 12 inches apart. They will spread about 9 to 12 inches and grow to be about 6 to 9 inches tall.
- Remember to water your pansies regularly. One of the most common reasons pansies fail is because they are not watered enough, so if your pansies are not doing well, try watering them more.
- You can use a general, all-purpose fertilizer around your pansies to help them grow.
- Remove faded/dead flowers to prolong blooming and encourage more flowers to grow.