(from The 2008 Old Farmer’s Almanac)
Did you know that the color of your car says more about you than just personal preference? According to The 2008 Old Farmer’s Almanac, information from over 130,000 insurance claims reveals what car color says about the owner’s personality as well as which colors are the most accident-prone.
1. Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who’s an outsider or rebel.
2. Silver cars indicate someone who’s cool, calm, and slightly aloof.
3. Green cars are often the choice of people with hysterical tendencies.
4. Yellow cars signify someone who is idealistic and novelty-loving.
5. Blue cars are chosen by the more introspective, reflective, and cautious drivers.
6. Gray cars represent those who are calm, sober, and dedicated to their work.
7. Red cars denote those who are full of zest, energy, and drive and who think, move, and talk quickly.
8. Pink cars are chosen by gentle, loving, and affectionate drivers.
9. Cream-color cars denote self-contained and controlled drivers.
Ginger Vaughan has worked for The Old Farmer's Almanac for over a decade and, every spring, thinks about starting a garden. When she isn't enjoying the outdoors (and pondering just where to plant that garden), she can often be found in the kitchen testing out new recipes. She lives in a Pacific Northwest forest on the Puget Sound with Thor and Olive, two English bulldogs who would like to taste test her cooking creations far more often than they are allowed.