Fall is here and before you know it, winter will be at your door. Take advantage of the warm fall days to prepare for coming season with these tips from The 2010 Old Farmer’s Almanac Engagement Calendar.
Flashback Friday: Winter Preparations
• Make an appointment to have your chimney cleaned and inspected.
• Split and stack firewood. Gather and stockpile kindling. If an unsplittable log remains, use it as a Yule log.
• Remove window boxes, scrub them with a solution of water and bleach, and store for next year.
• Clean woodstove glass with a rag dampened with white vinegar.
• Apply stove black on a warm day so that you can open the doors and windows until the oily smell burns off.
• Remove window screens and wash the windows. Check the conditions of storm windows and wash, if necessary.
Need a calendar for 2014? Check out our Engagement Calendar/Everyday Baking bundle !