Do you want to make a room in your house look fresh with a whole new look? One of the most affordable and quickest ways to do so is adding or changing curtains. Curtains make a huge difference.
- Warm shades of reds, yellows, and pinks add life to a quiet room.
- Cool colors such as grey, white, and blue give the room a soft look.
- Green and browns add a pleasing earth tone.
- The key is to pick the colors that make you feel good and also maybe try complementing the other colors already in the room.
- Longer curtains will visually lengthen a window and add perceived height.
- Curtains that drape to the floor give the room a more formal touch.
- Shorter curtains to the sill give the room a casual feel. Generally found in a kitchen.
- To soften and filter the incoming light, choose laces or sheers, which produce a wonderful effect, and work well if you are layering fabrics.
- To block out light, try a lined or insulated curtain or a fabric shade.
- Fabric and insulated curtains offer privacy when you want it, and allow you to let in lots of light when you choose so.
Rods and Hardware
- Curtain rods come in various shapes, styles, and materials. Finials help create a silhouette.
- Ruffled or tailed curtains work well with continental or mesa rods.
- Tab curtains on wooden or wrought-iron rods may suit your taste.
- There’s a look available for everyone. Don’t be afraid to experiment.
Have fun while decorating! Pride and satisfaction come with making your own personal design statement for your home.
Don't be afraid of the sunlight, and so pull down the curtains as soon as a bit peeps in. A proper amount of sunshine is very necessary to good health. We need the sunshine from outside, and the sunshine of love in our hearts and homes, to make us happy. –The 1898 Old Farmer's Almanac.