Our full Moon March 2014 guide gives you at-a-glance information: Moon phase dates, Best Days by the Moon, Moon facts, folklore, and more!
Full Moon Names
March is the month of the Full Worm Moon.
The Full Worm Moon  was given its name by the Algonquin tribes from New England to Lake Superior.
At the time of this spring Moon, the ground begins to soften and earthworm casts reappear, inviting the return of robins. In some regions, this is also known as the Sap Moon, as it marks the time when maple sap begins to flow and the annual tapping of maple trees begins.
See all Full Moon names and their meanings .
Moon Phase Dates 2014
All dates and times are ET. See the Moon Phase Calendar  for your city/state.
|New Moon: March 1, 3:00 A.M.|
|First Quarter: March 8, 8:27 A.M.|
|Full Moon: March 16, 1:08 P.M.|
|Last Quarter: March 23, 9:46 P.M.|
|New Moon: March 30, 2:45 P.M.|
For your next full Moon, see Full Moon Dates chart .
Full Moon Video
Each month, we will explain the traditional names of the full Moon along with some fascinating Moon facts. In this video, learn about the Full Worm Moon, Moon illusion, and when and why the Moon rides high or rides low. Click below to watch video.
Best Days in March 2014
Below are the best days for activities, based on the Moon's sign and phase in March.
- Aboveground crops: 1, 10, 11
- Belowground crops: 19, 20, 28, 29
For Setting Eggs:
- 16, 17, 25
- 1–16, 30, 31
See Best Days  for more activities.
March Moon 2014 Highlights
- The Moon dangles below brilliant Jupiter on the 9th, the duo parading above Orion and at their highest between 7:00 and 8:00 P.M.
- The Moon forms a lovely tight triangle with blue Spica and orange Mars on the 18th, best seen after 11:00 P.M.
- The Moon then pays Saturn a very close visit on the 20th; the pair rises just before midnight and get progressively higher through the wee hours.
- Look for a brilliant conjunction between Venus and the Moon low in the eastern sky on the 27th, 40 minutes before sunrise.
Share your thoughts about this month's Moon below!