Thanks for entering the Garden-Fresh Cookbook $100 Giveaway.
The winner of the giveaway is: Laura Meyers from Meriden, CT. Congrats, Laura! Your prize is a $100 VISA gift card to use at your local farm stand, grocery store, or however you wish!
Also, THANK YOU for sharing your cooking tips! There are so many great ideas. Here is just a sampling:
- Add a little almond flavoring to homemade peach ice cream or cobblers - enhances the flavor.
- When measuring out honey, spray the measuring cup with a bit if non-stick spray to help the honey slide right out!
- A little sugar will cut the heat in too-hot salsa.
- Add a pinch of salt to bacon when frying to prevent it from curling.
- Before peeling an orange or juicing a lemon or lime, grate the peel (zest) into a small container and freeze for later use.
- Add a pinch of baking powder when mashing potatoes to make them fluffier.
- To enhance flavor, add 1 or 2 carrots or 1 or 2 tablespoons of sugar to tomato sauce.
- Get rid of garlic smell from your hands with used coffee grounds.
- Pancakes are lighter and fluffier when you substitute club soda for milk in the batter.
- To enhance flavor, dust a chocolate cake baking pan with cocoa or raw sugar instead of flour.
- Add plain, uncooked oatmeal to meatloaf instead of bread or crackers.
- And finally . . . Let your husband cook!
There were over a thousand tips (!), so if we missed a good one, please post below.
For hundreds of garden-fresh recipes, check out The Old Farmer's Almanac Garden-Fresh Cookbook .