The holiday crunch has begun. Visit our Christmas Recipes page for our favorite appetizers, main courses, side dishes, and desserts.
From perfect starters such as Italian Stuffed Mushrooms to sweet endings such as Christmas Pudding, we'll help you create a most delicious Christmas dinner.
We've also just expanded our holiday crafts section to add a festive flair to your home. Many of our crafts are great for children and gift-giving.
Visit this page often for continuously updated recipes, crafts, folklore, and fun to help you every step of the way from now until the end of the year!
A warm Christmas, a cold Easter.
A green Christmas, a white Easter.
Appetizers and Soups
Roast Goose 
For turkey dishes, see our Thanksgiving Recipes  page.
Yorkshire Pudding 
Christmas Pudding 
Buche de Noel 
Light Wassail 
Mulled Wine 
Non-Alcoholic Eggnog 
Holiday Cookies and Sweets
Snowball Cookies 
Thumbprint Cookies 
Browse many more Christmas Recipes  in the Almanac archives.
More Christmas Recipe Collections
- Party Recipes for Christmas 
- Christmas Appetizer Recipes 
- Holiday Punch Recipes and Tips 
- Easy Kids' Christmas Cookie Recipes 
- Christmas Brunch Recipes 
- Christmas Leftover Recipes 
Cooking and Entertaining Tips
- Holiday Cooking and Cleaning Checklist 
- The Holiday Table: Setting and Decorating 
- Setting the Table for a Dinner Party 
- How to Cook the Perfect Roast 
- How to Use a Meat Thermometer 
- Party Planner: Cooking for a Crowd 
- How to Care for Table Linens 
- Holiday Napkin Folding 
- Tips for Baking Pies 
- 10 Tips for Cookie Baking 
Gift Ideas & Crafts
From the Almanac General Store:
- Cinnamon Dough Ornaments 
- How to Make a Cranberry Wreath 
- Make Your Own Gift Jars 
- Gifts from the Kitchen: Cookies, Candy, Bread, and More 
- Gifts from the Kitchen: Homemade Pickles and Vinegar 
- Make Your Own Fire Starters 
- Gingerbread House Tips 
- Make a Holiday Candle Decoration 
- Orange Pomanders 
- Make a Festive Chili Strand 
- Homemade Note Cards 
Christmas Tree Care and Holiday Plants
- Christmas Tree Care Tips 
- Poinsettia, Christmas Cactus, and Amaryllis 
- Cyclamens, an Alternative Christmas Houseplant 
- Plant Care Guide for Christmas Cactus 
Just for Fun
- What Day Does Christmas Fall On—and Christmas Origins 
- America's Christmas Firsts 
- Christmas Questions and Answers 
- Cranberry Trivia 
- Lengthened winter and tardy spring are both good for hay and grain, but bad for corn and garden.
- December changeable and mild, the whole winter will remain a child.
- A warm Christmas, a cold Easter.
- A green Christmas, a white Easter.
- December cold, with snow, brings rye everywhere.