Our Snow Report for winter 2012 and 2013 quickly provides snowfall, snow depth, and current weather across the U.S.!
Find snow conditions for stations across the U.S.
Note: The snow report information is based on the nearest weather station NOT a resort's name. Searching for a City, State or ZIP code leads to the snow report. Snowfall and snow depth data is updated mid-afternoon.
For snow buffs: this snowfall map  shows you the 25 locations in the U.S.A. where it has snowed the most in the past day.
Or, click here for list of weather stations that reported the most fallen snow  in the last day.
How deep is the snow?
This snow depth map  shows you the 25 locations in the U.S.A. with the deepest reported snow in the past day.
Or, click here for a list of weather stations have reported the deepest snow  in the last day.
2012-2013 Winter Weather
Need to plan ahead? Be in the know before you go!
Get our famous long-range winter weather forecast for the 2012-2013 season !
Ready to go? Get your 7-day forecast and weather right now .
Find out when the Moon will be full in your location for nighttime activities.
Go to Moon Phase Calendar .
Each month we post a weather trivia question. See how you fare—win prizes, too!
We want to know what winter means to you!
Awarding a Grand Prize plus 10 runners-up! Enter here .
Snow Articles and Reference
Avoid severe cold and frost bite—and keep an eye on the weather!
Beaufort Wind Scale 
Reading the Clouds 
See more about predicting the weather .
Recipes to Keep Warm!
- Gourmet Hot Chocolate  is a delicious reward after a day in the snow.
- Wassail  is a perfect cold-weather drink for a party or apres-ski with the adults.
- Simplified Lasagna,  Turkey Casserole , and Perfect Macaroni & Cheese  are hearty fill-em-up dinner ideas.
- Chili Beef , Lentil Soup , and Tortellini and Sausage Stew  will warm the tummy with a good piece of crusty bread.
- Winter Energy Cookies  are a great packable snack to keep you going.
Here are 20 more Crowd-Pleasing Recipes from nachos to pizza .
Check out the Almanac Cooking page  for a recipe search—plus, great tips and ideas!