The Jeffersonian Rain Gauge is a practical instrument that can also serve as art or décor in your favorite outdoor space. The intriguing brass Jeffersonian Rain Gauge is a statement maker.
Inspired by Thomas Jefferson’s affinity for invention, this unique device uses a float and lever design to measure up to 5" of rain (or sprinkler water) in 1/5" increments. As rain fills the vial of the Jeffersonian Rain Gauge, the red ball rises, consequently causing the steel arm to climb up the 5 inch scale. This gauge will turn into the wind to ensure the most accurate measurement or may be tightened down to fix its location.
The brass Jeffersonian Rain Gauge includes a pressure treated wooden stake for ground installation and a hanger bolt for mounting on a deck or other desired location.
The Jeffersonian Rain Gauge is crafted from solid brass, glass and stainless steel. (Glass vial not to be left out in freezing temperatures.) Quality construction with a lifetime guarantee!
- Dimensions: 12 1⁄ 2 " (318 mm) wide X 42" (106.7 cm) tall
- Weight: 4.45 lbs (2018 grams)
About Conant Custom Brass
Founded in 1979 by Steve Conant, a preeminent craftsman with a knack for restoration and custom metal work, Conant Custom Brass quickly became “The World’s Finest Collection of Weather Instruments.” Conant Custom Brass products are marked by their:
- Inspired designs: All of their instruments are original designs – inspired by a reverence for the weather instruments and time pieces that graced fine homes of prior generations. Using the best materials available, these products combine traditional elegance with accuracy and modern technology.
- Living finish: Conant Custom Brass does not apply a protective coating to their products because no coating will last as long as the raw material itself. Like many instruments of the past, these products will stand the test of time. You can be sure that since they do not plate, paint or coat their products, they won’t peel, flake or rust. Their products start with a lightly antiqued finish. Within a few months’ exposure to the elements they begin to age gracefully and develop a warm brown patina. All Conant Custom Brass products have a “living finish” that continues to enhance their genuine beauty for years to come. A verdigris finish may take up to 20 years to attain depending on the local environmental conditions.
- Lifetime guarantee: If the performance of any Conant Custom Brass product ever falls short of your expectations, they will do everything possible to restore your confidence. All their products are guaranteed to provide a lifetime of service and value.