America’s best-selling annual publication is also the most beloved: Its name makes people smile and its contents tickle funny bones. A reference book that reads like a magazine, the Almanac contains “everything under the Sun, including the Moon”—facts, feature articles, and advice that are “useful, with a pleasant degree of humor.”
The premium Bookstore Edition is just like our Classic Edition—except it contains 32 additional pages of reference material!
The 2013 edition, which marks the publication’s 221st anniversary, features:
- weather predictions for every day and climatic trends for each season, plus hints of how a low sunspot cycle could influence conditions in the coming years
- the most accurate astronomical data in the solar system, with best-viewing recommendations for every month
- safe and easy home remedies for each season’s most common—and uncomfortable—aches and ailments
- fail-safe gardening tips to ensure a hefty harvest, plus gardening by the Moon
- delicious recipes for homebaked cakes, cookies, and pies; plus readers’ best bacon dishes
- amusing and enlightening articles on raising children; facts and folklore about kissing; and Mother Nature’s janitor, the opossum
- and much, much more!