Do you know. . .
- Why George Washington never smiled?
- How caterpillars predict the weather?
- Where and why turkeys wore shoes?
Find the answers to these questions and a whole lot more in The Old Farmer's Almanac for Kids, Volume 2.
Its full-color pages are loaded with. . .
- fun activities (assemble a time capsule, make a "dirt" cake, grow a vegetable forest)
- quirky facts (the record for spitting a watermelon seed is 68 feet, 9-1/8 inches)
- mind-manglers (what happens when it rains cats and dogs?)
- feature stories about farm animals ("Hey, Ewe!"), fishing (where to find worms — and how to keep 'em), famous bears (these three are not found in a fairy tale), insects and creepy creatures (from bats to spiders), lefties, sports heroes, and the origin of ice cream
- and much, much more!