Also available for your tablet:
- If you click "Add to Cart" above, you are purchasing an annual subscription (12 issues) directly from this Web site. You'll have access to an online edition for PC or Mac computers and all four devices (iPad, Kindle Fire, Android, NOOK).
- If you click on any of the individual tablet buttons above ("iPad," "Kindle Fire," "Android." or "NOOK"), you are purchasing directly from the respective online retailer. You'll have the added benefit of choosing a single issue, monthly subscription, OR an annual subscription—as well as the ease of auto-renewal and single-click purchasing.
AUGUST 2015: What's Inside This Month's Edition?
Mysterious night creatures, splendid sorbets, herbal lawns, The Great Charleston (S.C.) Quake, perpetual pickles, behind climate change headlines, and more!
Farmer’s Calendar: Mysterious Night Creatures (from our 1970 edition)
Calendar: The Full Sturgeon Moon, Venus on the move, U.S. National Aviation Day, August wedding tips and folklore, Indiana’s weather chaos on August 26, 1965
Astronomy: Explore with our Sky Map
Food: Cool information about simply splendid sorbets, with recipes
Gardening: The many benefits of herbal lawns
Anniversary: The Great Charleston (S.C.) Quake of August 1886
Weather: The story behind the climate change headlines
Down Home: How to make perpetual pickles
Enjoy all of this plus a Weather Update and U.S. and Canadian forecasts for the month, Best Days to do things, Gardening by the Moon’s Sign, and much more in the August Old Farmer’s Almanac Monthly.
What is The Old Farmer's Almanac MONTHLY?
Full-color and highly interactive, each issue is a designed and curated experience by the editors—with over 60 pages that fit that time of year. Enjoy fresh and fun articles, advice, ideas, reference, and amusement that are “useful, with a pleasant degree of humor." Put a smile on your face every month!
More Information About the Almanac MONTHLY
To answer our most common reader questions:
- The Almanac MONTHLY is NOT our annual reference book, The Old Farmer's Almanac. Rather, the MONTHLY is our all-color digital magazine that is issued 12 months a year.
- Likewise, the MONTHLY is NOT some sort of condensed or broken-down version of the yearly Old Farmer's Almanac. This is a completely separate publication with fresh content. It's MORE of what folks love.
Think of it this way:
- The (annual) Old Farmer's Almanac is a long view, your full year planned out.
- This MONTHLY is what's now, what's next. With ALL-NEW content, the MONTHLY is more timely (it's Monthly!) and just as fun, as humorous, and as useful.
Still not sure what the MONTHLY magazine is all about? Watch the video below, or check out this free sample issue of the Almanac MONTHLY (from a past edition).
We hope that you enjoy the Almanac MONTHLY! Please tell us what you like, what you aren’t crazy about, and what you want more of: We welcome suggestions from e-readers here.