Also available for your tablet:
- If you click "Add to Cart" above, you are purchasing an annual subscription (12 issues) directly from this Web site. You'll have access to an online edition for PC or Mac computers and all four devices (iPad, Kindle Fire, Android, NOOK).
- If you click on any of the individual tablet buttons above ("iPad," "Kindle Fire," "Android." or "NOOK"), you are purchasing directly from the respective online retailer. You'll have the added benefit of choosing a single issue, monthly subscription, OR an annual subscription—as well as the ease of auto-renewal and single-click purchasing.
SEPTEMBER 2015: What's Inside This Month's Edition?
Moon musings, zucchini recipes, putting the garden to bed, how to fall fast asleep, good news about climate change, in praise of onions, and more
Farmer’s Calendar: This Little Moon, “so near and bright when all else would be dark” (from our 1966 edition)
Calendar: The Full Harvest Moon, autumnal equinox, solar eclipse, Ember Days, September wedding tips and folklore, oldest European settlement in the continental United States: St. Augustine, Florida
Astronomy: Explore with our Sky Map
Food: Never say “no” to zucchini, with recipes
Gardening: Putting the garden to bed for winter
Amusement: How to fall fast asleep
Weather: The good news about climate change
Down Home: In praise of onions
Enjoy all of this plus a Weather Update and U.S. and Canadian forecasts for the month, Best Days to do things, Gardening by the Moon’s Sign, and much more in the September Old Farmer’s Almanac Monthly!
About the Almanac MONTHLY magazine
Full-color and highly interactive, each issue is a designed and curated experience by the editors—with over 60 pages that fit that time of year. Enjoy fresh and fun articles, advice, ideas, reference, and amusement that are “useful, with a pleasant degree of humor."
To answer our most common reader questions:
- The Almanac MONTHLY is NOT our annual reference book, The Old Farmer's Almanac. Rather, the MONTHLY is our all-color digital magazine that is issued 12 months a year.
- Likewise, the MONTHLY is NOT some sort of condensed or broken-down version of the yearly Old Farmer's Almanac. This is a completely separate publication with fresh content. It's MORE of what folks love.
Think of it this way:
- The (annual) Old Farmer's Almanac is a long view, your full year planned out.
- This MONTHLY is what's now, what's next. With ALL-NEW content, the MONTHLY is more timely (it's Monthly!) and just as fun, as humorous, and as useful.
Free Sample Issue
Still not sure what the MONTHLY magazine is all about? Check out this free sample issue of the Almanac MONTHLY (from a past edition).
Also, watch the below video tour.
We hope that you enjoy the Almanac MONTHLY! Please tell us what you like, what you aren’t crazy about, and what you want more of: We welcome suggestions from e-readers here.