Checkout our Christmas Clearance Sale!
Save 30% to 50%
The Stokes Field Guide to the Birds of North America is the most comprehensive photo field guide every published. It covers 854 species, gives more space and photos to difficult-to-identify birds, and contains 3,400 beautiful, good sized, uncluttered photos.
The Stokes Field Guide
to the Birds of North America
The culmination of many years of research, observation, and study, the new Stokes Field Guide includes more species, more photographs, and more useful identification information than any other photographic field guide.
The guide features 853 North American bird species and more than 3,400 stunning color photographs. And yet it's portable enough to fit in your pocket!
The photographs cover all significant plumages, including male, female, summer, winter, immature, morphs, important subspecies, and birds in flight. Also included:
- The newest scientific and common names and phylogenetic order;
- Special help for identifying birds in flight through important clues of behavior, plumage, and shape;
- Detailed descriptions of songs and calls;
- Important behavioral information;
- Key habitat preferences of each species; and
- The newest range maps, detailing species' winter, summer, year-round ranges, and migration routes.
- A special downloadable CD with more than 600 bird sounds (from Lang Elliott and Kevin Colver) and 150 photographs: the calls and songs of 150 common North American species.