Serve these well-formed, light-brown, moist, and fruity muffins with any meal. Thurber House, Putnam, Connecticut
Yield: Makes 12.
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2/3 cup lemon yogurt
- 1/4 cup finely diced dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup finely diced dried apricots
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
Cream together the butter or margarine, 1/2 cup of the sugar, and vanilla until fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine the flour, baking powder, and baking soda and gradually add to the egg mixture alternately with the yogurt. Toss the cranberries and apricots with a little flour and fold into batter. In a small bowl, mix the remaining 1 tablespoon sugar and the lemon rind. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin tin two-thirds full, sprinkle tops with the sugar mixture, and bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 20 to 25 minutes.
Please review this recipe below!