This soup was created on New Year's Day 2004. It is very simple to make and can be done within an hour and a half.
Yield: About 6 servings
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 celery stalk, sliced
- 2 tablespoons plus 4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon virgin olive oil
- 1 large carrot, quartered and sliced
- 4 medium red potatoes, quartered and sliced
- 1 6-ounce can salt-free tomato paste
- 6 brussels sprouts, cleaned and quartered
- 1 tablespoon low-salt soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
Place 2 tablespoons water into large soup pot. Add onion, garlic and celery. Stir and saute over medium heat for about 5 minutes.
Add remaining 4 cups water and the rest of the ingredients to the pot. Bring to a slow boil. Lower heat and simmer for one hour, covered.
Please review this recipe below!