"This recipe is great for breakfast right out of the oven and works beautifully for brunch, since it keeps well on a warming tray. For a light supper, use a mix of red and green peppers and shredded cheddar cheese in place of the Monterey Jack. Top with garden-fresh tomatoes." -- Captain Dibbell House, Clinton, Connecticut
Yield: Serves 4 to 6.
- 5 eggs
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup cottage cheese
- 8 ounces grated Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup broccoli florets, cut into small pieces (or other seasonal vegetables such as zucchini or green or red bell pepper)
Beat the eggs with a whisk, then add the flour and baking powder, mixing well. Stir in the cottage cheese, Jack cheese, mushrooms, and broccoli and pour into a greased or sprayed 8-inch square baking dish.
Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven until set, about 25 to 30 minutes. Garnish with bacon or sausage links (cut in half).
Please review this recipe below!