Cranberries have much more to offer your menu planning than a once-a-year relish. This silky dessert is sure to please, and the ingredients are available year-round.
Yield: 6 to 8 servings
- 1 9-inch unbaked pastry shell
- 1 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 2-1/2 cups whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 2/3 cup brown sugar, divided
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- dash of salt
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter, chilled
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
Blend cream cheese with 1/2 cup of the cranberry sauce. Spread in the pie shell. Combine 1/3 cup brown sugar, cornstarch, and salt. Blend in remaining cranberry sauce. Spread carefully over cheese layer. Bake at 375 degrees F for 35 minutes.
Combine flour and remaining brown sugar. Cut in butter until mixture forms coarse crumbs. Stir in almonds. Sprinkle over pie. Bake 10 to 15 minutes more or until center of pie is firm. Serve warm or chilled.
Please review this recipe below!