Chicken broth, lemon juice, and egg yolks create a silken sauce with zesty flavor - a piquant partner for fiddleheads.
Yield: Serves 4 to 6
- 1 pound fiddleheads
- 3 large egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2/3 cup chicken broth
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
1. Trim the fiddleheads and drop them into a large pot of boiling, salted water. Cook, uncovered, at a gentle bubble for 5 to 8 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain in a colander set under cold running water. Shake gently to remove as much water as possible.
2. Whisk together the egg yolks and lemon juice until thick and pale yellow. Whisk in the chicken broth. Then pour the mixture into a small saucepan and place over medium-low heat. Cook, stirring, until the mixture thickens slightly.
3. Transfer the cooked fiddleheads to a serving dish. Sprinkle them with salt and pepper. Pour on the lemon sauce and serve immediately.
Please review this recipe below!