We've tried mango and peach salsa, so we thought, why not strawberry? With their tart sweetness, strawberries complement tomatoes in a surprising way. A little heat from the jalapenos pulls the mixture together.
Yield: 3 cups
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Start to Finish Time: 30 minutes
- 1 pint (about 12 ounces) fresh strawberries, diced
- 1 pint (about 10 ounces) ripe cherry or grape tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1 small or medium-size jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup loosely packed cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
In a medium-size bowl, stir ingredients together. Serve with tortilla chips or toasted pita, or as an accompaniment to grilled fish, chicken, or pork.
Please review this recipe below!