Yield: Serves 4.
- 2 whole chicken breasts, skinned, boned, and halved
- 4 pieces Monterey Jack cheese, in large cubes
- 4 sprigs fresh sage, or 1/2 teaspoon dried sage
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
Cut a deep pocket in each half of chicken breast, being careful not to cut all the way through. In each pocket place cheese pieces and a sprig of sage, or 1/8 teaspoon dried sage. Cover and chill 2 hours or longer. Combine eggs, Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, and parsley in large bowl and beat thoroughly. Roll chilled chicken pieces in flour, then dip in egg mixture; repeat twice. Heat butter in heavy skillet and saute breasts until crisp, then bake in oven 10 to 15 minutes at 375 degrees F to cook breasts through, melt cheese, and brown coating.
Please review this recipe below!