Chicken pieces marinated in a pineapple sauce, then slowly roasted to a golden brown. --Shoreham Inn, Shoreham, Vermont
Yield: Serves 8
- 3 chickens (2-1/2-pound fryers), cut into eighths
- 1/2 large onion, finely chopped
- 20 ounces crushed pineapple
- 1-1/2 tablespoons vinegar
- Granulated garlic and pepper to taste
Cut, skin, and wash chickens. Place on bed of chopped onion in a large roasting pan. Mix crushed pineapple, vinegar, garlic, and pepper, and pour over chicken. Marinate for at least 3 hours. Roast in a 300 degrees F oven for about 1-1/2 hours, turning pieces every 30 minutes. Cook to a golden brown.
Please review this recipe below!