A classic salad that originated in California Wasn't there a movie called "Green Goddess"r
Yield: 6 servings.
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon leaves
- 1 tablespoon tarragon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon anchovy paste
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- 1 head Boston lettuce
Soak the tarragon leaves in vinegar for 5 to 10 minutes, then strain. Stir the vinegar into the mayonnaise, discarding the tarragon leaves. Add all the other ingredients except lettuce. Mix well. Chill for 1 hour.
To serve, break romaine and Boston lettuce into bite-size pieces in a salad bowl. Toss with the chilled dressing to coat the greens well.
Please review this recipe below!