Yield: Makes 4 to 6 servings.
- 3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup white wine or grape juice
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- 4 eggs, beaten well
- juice and grated rind of 1 lemon
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon grated nutmeg
Combine applesauce, sugar, wine, and melted butter. Stir in eggs, lemon juice, rind, and milk. Pour into buttered 1-quart baking dish, grate nutmeg over pudding, and bake at 350 degrees F until firm. Serve warm with maple syrup.
Please review this recipe below!