Yield: 36 pieces
- 36 chicken drumettes (bottom part of chicken wing)
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 piece (1 inch) fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds, divided
Rinse the chicken drumettes and pat them dry with paper towels. Combine the rest of the ingredients, except the sesame seeds, in a blender and purée, coating them well. Seal the bag. Marinate the drumettes in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours, turning the bag over periodically.
Preset the oven to broil. Arrange the drumettes on a broiler pan with a rack and sprinkle with half of the sesame seeds. Discard the marinade. Place the pan under the broiler for 5 to 6 minutes. Remove and turn over the drumettes. Sprinkle them with the remaining sesame seeds and broil for 5 to 6 minutes more.
Please review this recipe below!