I usually start out with at a couple more tomatoes than I will need in case you get some that are too loose to cut correctly (if the pithy center falls apart). You could substitute 8 to 10 Roma or “Italian” Tomatoes instead of the Beefsteak variety.
Start to Finish Time:
- Add the tomatoes, onion, and celery into a large bowl and toss gently to mix the ingredients.
- Add extra-virgin olive oil and Balsamic Vinegar into a separate small bowl and whisk vigorously until it emulsifies (it will turn very dark, almost black, and slightly thicken as the air get into it).
- Add the salt to the finely minced garlic and press it with a spoon until it is the consistency of a paste.
- Stir in the salt/garlic “paste” and the cracked black pepper into the dressing until it is well distributed.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and gently toss again to mix it in then serve.