It’s time to clean the house for Thanksgiving, so find out how to use the natural ingredients of vinegar, lemons, and salt in homemade cleaners to clean your home naturally!
How to Clean the Kitchen with Vinegar, Lemons, and Salt
How to Clean the Stove:
- Filmy dirt and grease on the stovetop will come clean with white vinegar.
- Oven spills will stop smoking if you sprinkle them with salt. Wipe with a damp cloth after the oven cools.
How to Clean Silverware:
- To remove stains, place silverware in a pan and cover with sour milk. Let stand overnight. In the morning, rinse with cold water, then hot water.
How to Clean Dishes & Glassware:
- To remove cloudy mineral deposits from drinking glasses, put a tablespoon of lemon juice in each glass and fill with hot water. Let stand for several hours, then wash.
- Use lemon juice and salt to return the luster to china.
How to Clean Countertops:
- Laminated counters and tabletops can be cleaned by rubbing with a soft cloth soaked in white vinegar. This also makes them shine. To remove stains without scratching, make a paste of baking soda and water. Apply it to the stain, let sit for a minute or two, and rub to remove.
How to Clean the Bathroom with Homemade Cleaners
How to Clean Tubs, Bowls, and Sinks:
- To remove bathtub and sink film, wipe with white vinegar, then baking soda. Rinse with water.
- Clean and deodorize the toilet bowl by pouring white vinegar into it. Let stand for five minutes, then flush. Spray stubborn stains with vinegar, then scrub vigorously.
How to Clean Floors and Furnishings Naturally
How to Clean Floors:
- Animal urine stains and odors can usually be vanquished by using a mixture of equal parts white vinegar and water. Sponge it into the carpet and then blot it up with thick towels.
- To clean up coffee spills, blot up excess coffee, then rub the stain with a solution of water, mild powdered detergent, and white vinegar.
- Wash a wood or tile floor with an orange cut in half. Put one half in each hand, get down on your knees, and work in circles to remove grease and dirt. Rinse with a damp rag.
How to Clean Furnishings:
- Clean discolored or dirty wood with a mixture of equal parts turpentine, white vinegar, and mineral oil. Shake well before and during use. Apply with a soft cloth and rub vigorously.
- To remove scratches, combine equal parts lemon juice and salad oil. Apply with a soft cloth and rub until scratches disappear.