Learn the folklore, tradition, themes, and venues that are relevant to July weddings, drawn from the July Edition of The Old Farmer’s Almanac Monthly Digital Magazine.
Getting Married in July?
The beach is a perfect location for a wedding in the peak of summer. Even if you’re not saying your vows on the seashore, a beach theme is still popular for July weddings. Using whites, creams, tans, blues, and turquoises in your décor can create a festive seaside atmosphere. Seashell and starfish centerpieces, seagull and sailboat invitations, and summery songs can all enhance your theme. No matter your venue, don’t forget to have fun in the sun!
- Wedding folklore is a great way to spice up a place card, invitation, or thank you note. Here is some from our archives:
- It is a good omen if a cat sneezes on the eve of a wedding.
- If a younger daughter marries before her older sisters, the older girls should dance at her wedding barefoot, or else they might never marry.
- Touching the bride or groom at a wedding will bring you luck.
- Those who in July do wed, must labor for their daily bread.
Click here to subscribe to the Almanac Monthly Digital Magazine!