Daily Calendar for Friday, February 18, 2022
Question of the Day
What is the incubation period of a chicken egg?
The incubation period is 21 days.
Advice of the Day
Never descend to flatter or withhold a deserved compliment.
Home Hint of the Day
To tighten a glass doorknob that is loose and spins freely in its metal mounting, force a drop of super glue into the joint between the metal and glass in at least two places.
Word of the Day
Thin feather-like crystal cloud.
Puzzle of the Day
What is that which is so easily broken that the mere mention of it breaks it?
- Queen Mary I of England –
- Louis Comfort Tiffany (artist) –
- Toni Morrison (author) –
- Cybill Shepard (actress) –
- John Travolta (actor) –
- Vanna White (game show hostess) –
- Matt Dillon (actor) –
- Molly Ringwald (actress) –
- Harry Caray (sportscaster) –
- Dale Earnhardt (race car driver) –
- Wallace Smith Broecker (American geochemist) –
- Jefferson Davis inaugurated as provisional president of Confederate states–
- First session of Confederate Congress, Richmond, Virginia–
- Auguste Bartholdi granted design patent for Statue of Liberty–
- Adventures of Huckleberry Finn published in the U.S.–
- First coiled postage stamps issued–
- Planet Pluto discovered by Clyde W. Tombaugh at Lowell Observatory in Flagstaff, Arizona–
- Elm Farm Ollie, a Guernsey, became the first cow to fly in an airplane. On the same trip she also became the first cow milked in flight–
- First unmanned test flight of space shuttle Enterprise mounted on another aircraft–
- Hiroyuki Goto recited pi to 42,195 digits–
- Trinity Broadcasting Network, a Christian TV network, cancelled Pat Boone’s weekly gospel music show after he appeared in black leather and fake tattoos on the American Music Awards show–
- Evan Lysacek won the Olympic gold medal in men’s figure skating. He became the first U.S. man to win the gold medal since Brian Boitano in 1988–
- Firenado captured on video, Platte County, Missouri–
- San Francisco, California, recorded a temperature of 80 degrees F–
- New England experienced extremely high temperatures, with Boston, Massachusetts at 66, Providence, Rhode Island at 72, and Concord, New Hampshire, at 63 degrees F–
- Seventy-four degrees, McLean, Virginia–