Daily Calendar for Thursday, February 24, 2022
Question of the Day
We see so many sights in the night sky. Are there any sounds?
None. Sound cannot pass through the vacuum of space.
Advice of the Day
St. Matthias’s Day (today) sends sap into the tree.
Home Hint of the Day
Keep track of the paints you’ve used by writing the brand name and color on the back of a light switch plate in each room as you paint the room.
Word of the Day
1 chain=100 links=22 yards
Puzzle of the Day
What vegetables may be reduced to ashes merely by removing a part of them?
- Wilhelm Grimm (folklorist) –
- Winslow Homer (painter) –
- Chester Nimitz (U.S. fleet admiral) –
- Philip Knight (co-founder of Nike) –
- Debra Jo Rupp (actress) –
- Steve Jobs (computer pioneer) –
- Eddie Murray (baseball player) –
- Mike Lowell (baseball player) –
- Bronson Arroyo (baseball player) –
- Dinah Shore (singer) –
- Henny Youngman (vaudevillian who fiddled his way into television and films) –
- John McMorran (the oldest American man [at the time of his death] died from heart failure) –
- John Randolph (actor) –
- Dennis Weaver (actor) –
- Don Knotts (actor) –
- Jan Berenstain (co-creator of The Berenstain Bears book series) –
- Harold Ramis (actor & director) –
- Thomas Edison married Mina Miller. He wooed the 19 year old woman via Morse code–
- Thermite explosive first used to break ice jam, Waddington, NY–
- Nylon toothbrush bristles made by DuPont–
- When You Wish Upon a Star recorded–
- Discovery (by Jocelyn Bell) of the first pulsar announced–
- Buckingham Palace announced the engagement of Prince Charles and Lady Diana Spencer–
- Hockey player Wayne Gretzky scored his 77th goal of the season and broke Phil Esposito’s 1971 record–
- A deadly 6.5-magnitude earthquake shook northeastern Morocco killing more than 560 people and injured approximately 300 more–
- Eastern Ontario and western Quebec were shaken by a 4.5 earthquake–
- Pilots of two planes reported UFO over Arizona–
- Brown snow fell in Vermont and New Hampshire. The color was caused by dust blown from storms in the Great Plains.–
- The temperature in Jacksonville, Florida, plummeted to 24 degrees F–