Daily Calendar for Wednesday, May 4, 2022
Question of the Day
How do you keep casement windows from sticking after you paint them?
Rub them with a bar of soap or a candle stub. Or spray them with a lubricant such as WD-40.
Advice of the Day
If you stub your toe, kiss your thumb and you’ll see your beau.
Home Hint of the Day
When building a walk or patio from bricks, use weatherproof bricks. These bricks have been baked longer and have a hard surface that repels water. Soft bricks will absorb water over time and freeze and crack in the winter.
Word of the Day
A quick, rolling movement; a gallop. To boil with a continued bubbling or heaving and rolling, with noise.
Puzzle of the Day
Which chef in the kitchen wears the largest hat?
The one with the largest head.
- Horace Mann (American educator) –
- Audrey Hepburn (actress) –
- Randy Travis (country music singer) –
- Ana Gasteyer (actress) –
- Lance Bass (singer) –
- Alexander Gould (actor, voice of Nemo in Finding Nemo) –
- Moe Howard (actor) –
- Fredric Baur (credited with creating Pringles and its can. Part of Mr. Baur’s cremated remains were buried in a Pringles can.) –
- Dom DeLuise (actor) –
- Ellen Albertini Dow (actress) –
- American Academy of Arts and Sciences incorporated, in Boston, Massachusetts–
- First general meeting of the Society of the Cincinnati, in Philadelphia–
- Haymarket Affair, Chicago, Illinois–
- First Freedom Ride began–
- First on-the-road Spacemobile lecture–
- National Guardsmen killed 4 antiwar demonstrators at Kent State University–
- Rain caused deadly sinkhole and landslide in St.-Jean-Vianney, Quebec–
- Margaret Thatcher became the United Kingdom’s first female Prime Minister–
- Magellan spacecraft launched from Space Shuttle Atlantis–
- Love Bug computer virus caused billions of dollars in damages–
- Actress Julia Louis-Dreyfus received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. However, her name was misspelled.–
- Royal Canadian Mint produced its last penny–
- Nine inches of snow fell at Waltham, Massachusetts–
- Twelve inches of snow fell near Keene, New Hampshire–
- Two tornadoes struck Austin, Texas–
- Missoula, Montana, had 6.5 inches of snow–
- Damaging windstorm in southern Ontario produced 78-mph wind gusts in Hamilton–