Daily Calendar for Monday, May 9, 2022
Question of the Day
Is there a best feeding time for fish, and is this also the best time to see deer, rabbits, and other animals?
All fish in all waters — salt or fresh — feed most heavily when the ocean tides are restless, before their turn and in the first hour of ebbing. Fish also feed after sunup for a short while and just before and after sundown. The latter habit also applies to deer, rabbits, and other creatures.
Advice of the Day
Plant corn now or lose a bushel a day past the middle of May.
Home Hint of the Day
To prevent aluminum furniture from marking clothes, clean the furniture by wiping it with paint thinner on a cloth pad. Then place the furniture outdoors and spray on a coat or two of clear lacquer.
Word of the Day
A cry or noise made to express displeasure or contempt.
Puzzle of the Day
Why was the broom late?
It over swept!
- John Brown (abolitionist) –
- J. M. Barrie (author) –
- Henry J. Kaiser (industrialist) –
- Hank Snow (singer) –
- Mike Wallace (journalist) –
- Albert Finney (actor) –
- Candice Bergen (actress) –
- Billy Joel (musician) –
- Rosario Dawson (actress) –
- Nelson Algren (writer) –
- Alice Faye (actress) –
- Alan King (comedian) –
- Lena Horne (actress & singer) –
- Thomas Blood stole the Crown Jewels–
- First American political cartoon debuted in The Pennsylvania Gazette–
- William F. Ford issued patent for stethoscope–
- Hindenburg completed its first flight to the United States–
- Sam and Friends debuted on television–
- Sale of birth control pills approved by FDA–
- 40-pound 4-ounce brown trout caught in Little Red River, Arkansas–
- Boston, Massachusetts, got its first May snow in 107 years–
- An EF1 tornado touched down in Washington, Vermont–