Daily Calendar for Tuesday, November 15, 2022
Question of the Day
Can I get a chocolate drink stain out of a white T-shirt?
You can try scrubbing the area with a little ammonia, then washing the shirt as you normally would.
Advice of the Day
Save the water from cooking pasta. Let it cool, then use it to water houseplants.
Home Hint of the Day
To repair small defects such as old nail holes in the surface of a wall, place some spackling compound on a finger and force the filler into the hole. The spackling compound will harden, so you can paint over it.
Word of the Day
An earthen jar charged with powder, grenades, and other materials of an offensive and suffocating smell, — sometimes used in boarding an enemy’s vessel.
Puzzle of the Day
Why was the giant Goliath very much astonished when David hit him with a stone?
Because such a thing had never entered his head before.
- Johannes Kepler (astronomer) –
- Lionel Barrymore (actor) –
- Margaret Mead (author) –
- Sir William Herschel (astronomer) –
- James O'Neill (actor) –
- Franklin Pierce Adams (newspaper columnist) –
- Felix Frankfurter (U.S. Supreme Court justice) –
- Georgia O'Keeffe (painter) –
- Marianne Moore (poet) –
- Joseph Wapner (judge & TV personality) –
- Ed Asner (actor) –
- Petula Clark (singer) –
- Sam Waterston (actor) –
- Kevin Eubanks (musician & The Tonight Show bandleader) –
- Helen Mersi Kelesi (tennis player) –
- Jonny Lee Miller (actor) –
- Zena Grey (actress) –
- Pikes Peak first sighted by Zebulon M. Pike–
- First U.S. poultry show began, Boston, Massachusetts–
- First meeting of the Assembly of the League of Nations–
- Sadie Hawkins Day debuted in Al Capp’s Li’l Abner comic strip–
- First gas-turbine electric locomotive in the United States was track-tested, Erie, Pennsylvania–
- Elvis Presley’s first movie, Love Me Tender, premiered–
- A magnitude 8.1 earthquake struck Japan–
- Forty-five inches of snow fell on Watertown, New York, in 24 hours–
- Thirty-five tornadoes ripped through the Midwest–