Here are herbal remedies to help ease anxiety and stress.
Good health and good sense are two of life’s greatest blessings.
—Publius Syrus (c. 42 B.C.)
For other natural home remedies, see the Almanac Advice Center.
- Massage the temples with lavender oil.
- Drink chamomile tea to ease stress.
- Drink rosemary tea to alleviate melancholy or depression.
- For a relaxing body rub, soak equal parts finely shopped dandelions, burdock (roots and/or aerial parts), eyllow dock, and lobelia in 1 quart rubbing alcohol for two weeks. Apply externally.
- Trying to remain relaxed but alert? Some studies suggest that the smell of apples, apple cider vinegar, or spiced apples have this effect.
- A tea of elderberry flowers is considered relaxing to the nerves and is sleep inducing.
- For insomnia, drink bee balm or chamomile tea and eat mandarin oranges.