Bird Food Recipe: Fine-Feathered Entree
For daily wit & wisdom, sign up for the Almanac newsletter.
Try this bird food recipe to attract your feathered friends!
- 3 parts melted fat (suet preferred)
- 1 part cornmeal or finely cracked corn
- 1 part natural peanut butter or other nut butter
- 1 part sunflower kernels or chopped nuts
- 1 part chopped dried fruit (currants, raisins, prunes, etc.)
Combine all of the ingredients with enough water to get the consistency of cooked oatmeal. Cook in double boiler until well blended. Put into small containers like tuna fish cans that can be securely attached to feeders or trees.
Get Almanac’s Daily Updates
BONUS: You’ll also receive our free Beginner Gardening Guide!