Here are a few simple natural sore throat remedies to help ease the discomfort! Let us know how they work for you!
Natural Remedies to Soothe a Sore Throat
- Gargle with cool sage tea. Mix 1 teaspoon of herb in 1 cup of boiling water for 10 minutes, then strain. Learn how to grow your own sage.
- Sip cider vinegar. Mix 1 tablespoon of cider vinegar and 1 tablespoon of honey in a cup of warm water. Learn more about the health benefits of cider vinegar and see how to make another apple cider vinegar tonic.
- Drink a horseradish cocktail. Make a syrup of 1 tablespoon horseradish, 1 teaspoon of honey, and 1 teaspoon of lemon juice. Mix in a glass of warm water and drink slowly.
Here are some remedies that came straight from our readers:
- Put a cap full of apple cider vinegar, 3 shakes each of cayenne pepper and black pepper into a cup of warm, salted water. Gargle as many times as needed. This remedy is said to change the pH balance in your throat.
- For a particularly scratchy throat, take one tablespoon of concentrated lemon juice followed immediately by a tablespoon of honey just before bed, which will usually soothe your throat until morning. Find more household uses for lemons.