School’s Out for Summer …And So Is the Newest Edition of The Old Farmer’s Almanac for Kids!
The 7th edition of The Old Farmer’s Almanac for Kids is here! With amazing tales, cool activities, and out-of-this-world adventures, the Almanac for Kids—now available everywhere books are sold—will fuel the imagination all summer long and beyond!
This “youthful” version of the beloved Old Farmer’s Almanac has been entertaining curious kids for well over a decade. The latest Old Farmer’s Almanac for Kids is ready for a new group of aspiring sky-watchers, chefs, animal lovers, sports stars, and adventurers, with 192 full-color pages jam-packed with stories and tidbits on every topic imaginable, including an extended calendar with fun facts, projects, and celebrations for the whole year.
Oh, the adventures to be found inside Volume 7 of The Old Farmer’s Almanac for Kids!
- Veggie Stories and Finding Fairies. Swine’s Snout. Swedish Peanut. Love Apple. Nosebleed. These are all names or nicknames of veggies and other plants with fascinating stories to tell. Learn more about them as well as how to build fairy houses to coax these (mythical) creatures into the garden.
- Heroic Pets and Superstar Kids. Meet the Doberman pinscher who fought a venomous snake and the African rats who help locate land mines! Then read on to find the contributions of extraordinary kids who have discovered planets, supernovas, and pulsars.
- Meteorite Magnets and Moon Myths. Learn about supersize space rocks, how to build a meteorite magnet, and the Moon stories told by ancient cultures around the world.
- How to Set a World Record. Get tips on setting a world record from the man who holds the world record for official world records (551, to be exact!).
- The Kid Captain and Other Tales of the Sea. Discover the true story of the youngest-ever U.S. Navy captain (12 years old!) and then dig into spooky mysteries behind a glowing-green ghost ship and two ships frozen into an iceberg!
- Clever Crafts. Carve soap into fun shapes (washing up has never been so entertaining), make play-dough, or create a time capsule as a message to the future!
A great gift, The Old Farmer’s Almanac for Kids, Volume 7, is available for $9.95 at retail stores and in the children’s section of bookstores. Folks can also order copies at Almanac.com/Shop or by calling 800-ALMANAC. Digital versions of The Old Farmer’s Almanac for Kids are also available via the iTunes store.
The Old Farmer’s Almanac for Kids and The Old Farmer’s Almanac are produced by Yankee Publishing Inc. of Dublin, New Hampshire. Almanac products include calendars, cookbooks, a gardening magazine, EXTRA! digital monthly magazine, and more.
To learn more about The Old Farmer’s Almanac for Kids, request a media review copy, or schedule an interview with an editor, please contact Samantha Jones by email (email@example.com) or phone (206-842-8922).