Please follow these rules and guidelines when submitting photos to the The Old Farmer’s Almanac through our Web site, Almanac.com.
- Photos need to be your own, taken by you or a family member/friend who has given you permission to use it.
- The photo you are submitting and its content should not infringe the copyrights or intellectual property rights of any party.
- Include your name for a photo credit so we can give you proper attribution!
- We discourage professional photography; our photo sharing is for our Almanac reader community and amateur photographers.
- Submit the original image so it is a high-quality photo. (Do not submit photos off Facebook pages as they are low-resolution.)
- As you may know, any photo that you submit online can appear anywhere on the world wide web, whether we allow this or not. So, here’s the legal sounding bit: When you submit a photo to YPI, you release the rights to that photo getting distributed, shared, displayed, or modified. Rest assured that here at The Old Farmer’s Almanac, we are always careful about the use of our reader’ photos and would never share without proper credit. Also, the grants to YPI are non-exclusive; you still own the photo itself and can use it for other purposes.