This year, when you hollow out that Halloween pumpkin, save the seeds to make a cool and colorful necklace. Here's how:
- Separate the seeds from the pulp and rinse them well in warm water.
- Spread the seeds out on paper towels to dry completely.
- When the seeds are dry, color them with felt-tip markers, leaving some uncolored if you wish.
- Make holes near the center of each seed, using a big needle or an awl and a block of wood.
- String the seeds with a large-eyed needle and fine elastic, using 125 to 130 seeds for a necklace and far fewer for a matching bracelet. (Measure around your neck or wrist before cutting the elastic, allowing a little extra to tie the finishing knot.)
That's it! Let us know how it works. We'd love to see your handiwork. Just upload your Halloween pictures here!
Illustration by Margo Letourneau