We know packing for a vacation can be stressful—somehow we always tend to over pack! To make things a little easier, we’ve complied a list of what NOT to bring on your next trip.
- Expensive jewelry. If you’re not willing to lose it or have it stolen, leave it at home.
- Originals of important documents or hard-to-replace documents such as birth certificates. To be on the safe side, bring copies instead.
- Shoes that look terrific but feel horrific. If they’re not comfortable at home, they won’t be comfortable on vacation.
- High-maintenance clothing. You should be able to wear almost everything you bring for two days in a row without having to wash or iron it.
- Large amounts of cash. With nationwide automatic teller machines, credit cards, and traveler’s checks, there’s no need to carry more than an afternoon’s worth of cash.
- Blue jeans. Jeans are relatively heavy and take a long time to dry if they get wet.
Do you have an interesting traveling story of your own? Share with us below!