Find Out If a Snowy Christmas Is Predicted for Your Area!
Are snowflakes on your wish list? Check out our Christmas weather forecast for the U.S. and Canada to see if a White Christmas is in store for your area!
Christmas! ‘Tis the season for kindling the fire of hospitality in the hall, the genial flame of charity in the heart.
–Washington Irving, American writer (1783-1859)
Christmas Weather in the United States
According to our famous long-range predictions, snow is in the forecast for Christmas week in a large part of the U.S. this year.
In most regions, periods of snow showers or flurries are expected to occur in the days leading up to Christmas, which means that many folks will be able to enjoy a White Christmas! Looming rain threatens to make it a wash down the West Coast and across the South, however.
Below are the weather highlights by region. Just click on your region to see more details!
- In the Northeast, Atlantic Corridor, Ohio Valley, Upper Midwest, High Plains, expect snow showers in the days leading up to Christmas, with temperatures trending colder.
- Christmas will be marked by frigid temps and flurries in the Appalachians, Lower Lakes, Heartland, and Intermountain regions.
- In the Southeast, rainy periods are in the forecast for the days leading up to Christmas, but sunny skies and cold temps are expected on the day itself.
- Expect rain showers around Christmas in Florida, accompanied by cool, seasonable weather.
- Rain may turn to snow in the northernmost parts of the Deep South and Texas-Oklahoma, while the southern parts of those regions will see rain showers around the holiday.
- The Desert Southwest looks like it wants to have a bit of everything, with snow showers in store for the eastern half of the region and rain in the west.
- In the Pacific Northwest, rainy periods will occasionally turn to wet snow, accompanied by cold temperatures. In the Pacific Southwest, that heavy snow will be heavy rain instead.
- Alaska will see rain mixed with snow showers in the southern reaches of the state, with snow showers elsewhere.
- The eastern and western islands of Hawaii should expect rainy, cool weather for Christmas, but sunny, warm conditions are forecasted for the central islands in the days around the holiday.
Christmas Weather in Canada
- In Canada, snow is likely to be on the ground for Christmas Day in the Prairies, Southern Ontario, and Southern Quebec, as well as way up north in the Yukon and Northwest Territories.
- Along Canada’s eastern coast, in Atlantic Canada, rain will appear in the days leading up to Christmas, but snow will make an appearance on the holiday itself.
- In Southern British Columbia, expect sunny (but cold) weather around Christmas!
Into the New Year and Beyond
Will this winter continue to be frigid, or will we saved by an early thaw-out? Read our full 2022 Winter Forecast to see what lies ahead in the new year and beyond!
Or, pick up a copy of our famous little yellow book, The Old Farmer’s Almanac, published since 1792! While you’ll find 12 months of long-range forecasts, weather is only a very small part of what the Almanac is all about! Plus, The 2022 Old Farmer’s Almanac is the perfect stocking stuffer. Start the new year right!
So, are you dreaming of a white Christmas? Let us know in the comments!
More Like This